Sunday, August 7, 2016

And then there were 5

Finally a day off!
We've been in deep dark Ice Age on Ice at the arena for over 2 weeks now. Which has kept me away from the work bench. But now with a partial day off, I've been able to complete this project.
A quintet of SFRD reefers.
Lovely older Sunshine kits. The client provided exact spec sheets for numbers, slogans and other lettering data.
I'm really pleased with how they've turned out.
Given that reefers were generally well maintained and repainted more frequently than run of the mill boxcars, the weathering is a little subdued. I took a little time and perused a number of prototype images to assure myself that the I wanted to avoid over-weathering these cars.
So they all got a light overspray of base car colour, an overspray of greyish grime, the black surfaces were toned down with an overspray of grimy black and finally the ends got a suggestion of wheel spit with rail brown.
Now to box them up and onto the next project.






No comments: