Monday, November 20, 2017

Sorry Energizer Bunny

I  love my static grass applicator. The look of static grass on a layout can't be beat.
But it's a killer on batteries.
Never seem to have a fresh 9 volt battery when I need one.
And what I find astonishing is that it's taken me this long to address the problem.
I simply got a 9 volt dc power adapter and hardwired it into the Grassmaster.
Took all of 5 minutes
Just mind the polarity.
The real challenge was trying to find an adapter in town. None of the "usual suspects" had one.
Wound up buying one at Best Buy in London.
Now I'm waiting for my order of static grass to arrive. Ran out over the weekend!


1 comment:

Andy Rezsnyak said...

I built a static machine using a negative ion generator... I wired it right to a wall plug, and have a momentary button to trigger it...

They say not to build them this way, it can be real shocking...

But I haven't seen any long lasting side effects from the couple shocks I have had...

But I haven't seen any long lasting side effects from the couple shocks I have had...